Functional Skills in ICT
Whether you want to improve your CV or are just interested in learning more about how to use computers, our ICT qualification will help you gain computer skills and confidence.
This workshop is for those who have some computer skills but want to improve them for the every-day use of computers. You will take the Functional Skills Qualification in ICT at Entry Level 2 or 3. You will find out how to do basic word-processing, how to search on the internet and how to receive and reply
Warning: Last items in stock!
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS ICT
Why take this course
- If you are unemployed and need to increase your ICT skills for job search, this course will help you. You will also be able to gain a unit qualification in ICT.
- If you work with, or wish to work with computers, this full qualification will help you develop your skills to meet the demands of the workplace. This course is run as a workshop where you will receive materials and tutor support to work through the mandatory and optional units.
- If you are finding the ICT in your workplace a bit too demanding this short course can help. You will focus on one aspect of Microsoft Office to improve and enhance your skills. During the year courses looking at word processing, spreadsheets and databases will be available. You will have the choice as to whether to gain unit accreditation at Level 1 for your course. Level 2 will also be available as distance learning.
- The course is flexible. Our mode of learning - distance online learning - allows you to study from home at a pace that suits you over 6 months. It is possible to achieve this qualification in less than 8 weeks depending on your pace of learning.
About the course
- Our Functional Skills ICT qualifications is intended for all learners aged 14 and above.
- We offer this qualification from Entry 1 to Level 2. An initial assessment prior to enrolling onto the course is required so that we can establish which level you should be starting with.
- This course is set up as individual online learning. This would require you to be independent up to a certain level and have the appropriate IT skills to work the programme.
- A highly qualified and skilled tutor will be assigned to assist you throughout your whole programme. This will enable you to track your progress and receive individual support and supplementary learning materials.
FREE ON SCREEN EXAMPLE TESTS
How you will be assessed
- This qualification is accredited by City and Guilds.
- Functional Skills ICT qualifications are assessed summatively with no on-going ‘portfolio’ assessment.
- Candidates complete a one-off series of supervised tasks once they are felt to be capable of achieving the required standard (known as when-ready).
- At Entry level all assessments are externally set by City & Guilds; they are internally marked and quality assured by the centre.
- At Level 1 and Level 2 all assessments are externally set by City & Guilds; they are also externally marked by City & Guilds.
Why Choose the Learning Station
- We offer Distance Learning with real personable support allowing you to take a flexible route to building and developing your functional skills and career, attain key skills in order to gain confidence and that creates a Launchpad future learning. You control when and how you learn at work, during your lunchtime breaks or in the comfort of your own home and at a pace that suits you.
What makes us different to other colleges?
- Flexible Payment plans with up to 12 months to pay -No Credit Checks.
- We offer the full QCF/RQF Ofqual courses with pathway choices of your own.
- Free initial assessment assessments of academic levels with immediate results.
- Online, Distance / Blended Learning.
- Learner Management System Accessible 24/7.
- Responsive online tutor and assessor support.
- On site, internal verifier + Moderator.
- Flexible – Blended delivery of assessment and observation.
- Free Learning Resources for Ease of study.
- No Credit Checks - Easy and Manageable Payments up to 12 Months.
- Technical support team available 09:00 - 18:00 Mon – Fri.
What Happens Next?
- Once enrolled you’re all set to get learning. Within two working days you will receive your unique email address and access code, along with instructions on how to get going with our Learner Management System. It really is that simple.
- Ps, By purchasing a Learning Station course you agree you have both read fully and understood our Terms & Conditions [T&C’s]