Functional Skills in ICT
Whether you want to improve your CV or are just interested in learning more about how to use computers, our ICT qualification will help you gain computer skills and confidence.
This course is for those who have some computer skills but want to improve them for the every-day use of computers. You will find out how to do basic word-processing, how to search on the internet and how to receive and reply.
Generally, functional skills qualifications offer a softer and more flexible approach to obtaining a nationally recognised qualification suitable for further education, college, university or employment instead of taking GCSE Qualifications. Gain your ICT qualifications at Level 1 or Level 2.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Functional Skills in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Our Functional Skills Qualifications in ICT are Accredited by City and Guilds and are accepted and recognised as a GCSE Equivalent Qualification by Universities, Colleges and Employers.
- Functional Skills Qualifications in ICT at Level 2 are GCSE Equivalent Grade C
- Functional Skills Qualifications in ICT at Level 1 are GCSE Equivalent Grade D
How does it work?
Our Online e-learning Functional Skills in ICT courses at Level 1 or Level 2 are completed in 6 easy steps.
We will provide you, the support you need to work through this process:
• An initial assessment to determine your current academic level
• A Diagnostic Assessment to look at all of the different elements you are competent in and which areas require more work
• Interactive Learning Resources will be provided based on your diagnostic assessment. You will be given information, practice quizzes and assessments
• Skills Checks are carried out after each learning resource is complete. These will quiz you at the end of any of the course modules to ensure you have gained all of the knowledge required for that particular topic
• Exam Practice Papers will be provided once you have worked through all of the learning resources and are working at your desired level. You will complete 2 papers which one of our experienced tutors will mark and give you feedback on.
• Your examination will be scheduled on a date that is best suited for yourself at our centre in London.
What will you study?
The diagnostic test will determine how much and what you need to study on your course. If you are working at Entry Level and would like to obtain the qualification at Level 2, we will allow you to work through our e-learning course and use our resources and receive support until you meet your target.
Our Online Learning Platform
Our online e-learning Functional Skills in ICT courses are completed on our online learning platform, which has been specially designed and tailored to meet the needs of our learners and ensures fast progression and ease of learning. You will have access to your course 24/7 as long as you have an internet connection and a device to access your online learning account. Some of the features our platform promotes:
- A progress bar highlighting
percentageof completion of your course
- A messaging system with your tutor set as a default contact
- Administration staff set as default contacts within the messaging system for additional help and support
- A course page which shows all of the criteria they need to complete
- An e-learning portal for quick access to all of your learning materials and any other learning resource
We ensure our course tutors are highly experienced, so learners can confidently complete their course with an expectation of receiving support wherever needed.
Our administration team is ready to help learners in any way possible and are happy to provide 1-1 tutorials via Skype/ Telephone if a learner needs assistance with any technical related queries.
On average the course can be completed in 8 - 12 weeks, based on 3-4 hours study a week. However, The Learning Station offers a flexible approach and, with every learner receiving a tailor made Individual Skills Plan, your tutor will help you to get qualified at a pace that suits your needs. The course will be available for up to 12 months only.
What can this course lead to?
Upon completion of Level 1 you could progress to the Level 2 Functional Skills qualification and from there many of our learners go on to further study with colleges and universities. GCSE or Equivalent Qualifications are mandatory for access to most universities and colleges.
Why choose The Learning Station?
- We have thousands of successful learners
- All our qualifications are Fully Accredited and Nationally Recognised
- Our courses are specifically designed to ensure fast progression
- Simple to use e-learning and distance learning courses
- You can expect a
high qualityservice at an affordable rate
- Experienced & Responsive Online Tutor/Assessor
- On-Site Internal Quality Assurance & Moderator
- Technical Support 09:00 – 18:00 Mon-Fri
If you are looking to obtain a Functional Skills Qualifications at Level 1 or 2 for access to further or higher education, please check the entry criteria with the education provider before enrolment.
If the unfortunate event you are not successful in your examination, examination retakes are chargeable at £50.00 + VAT.
FREE ON SCREEN EXAMPLE TESTS