English language tests for private Hire Drivers
Transport for London (TfL) has announced that all new applicants, and existing private hire drivers applying to renew their licence for the first time since the introduction of this new requirement, must now meet the equivalent of a B1 English language requirement.
Warning: Last items in stock!
- Functional Skills English qualification that is equivalent to UK GCSE/O level certificate at grades A* to G, which is one of the listed suitable qualifications to comply with the TfL English language requirement.
- Level 1 Qualification is equivalent to GCSE grade D-G
- Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE grade A*-C.
- The certificate is issued by City and Guilds showing proficiency in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Our mode of learning – distance online learning – allows you study from home at a pace that suits you over 3 months.
- It is possible to achieve this qualification in less than 8 weeks depending on your pace of learning.
- An initial assessment prior to enrolling onto the course is required. You will need to have language skills at a minimum of Entry 2 level.
- A highly qualified and skilled tutor will be assigned to assist you throughout your whole program.
- We offer a four-week group session of 24 hours in total (three x a week, 2 hours per session).
- The course costs 299.00+ VAT which includes the exam fee.
What will you study?
The course content includes
3 distinct strands each of which are assessed separately. All of the tasks and assessments are based on practical real-life situations which you could encounter in your work or home life. They also include the use of presentation skills as well as using grammar, spelling and punctuation correctly.
Speaking and listening
Taking part in a discussion, listening and responding to other people’s point of view, being able to present your ideas to a small group.
Reading a variety of different texts and interpreting and responding to the information.
Presenting information and ideas in your own words.
Where and How?
Our mode of learning is distance & online learning – This allows you to study from home, in the workplace or anywhere you have an internet connection. Your course is available to you 24 hours a day and seven days a week working at a pace that suits you
Free on screen example tests:
Original Pre-October 2016 English samples:
You can brush up your skills quickly, by visiting the BBC Education Section
How long does it take?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
On average the course is completed in 8 -14 weeks, based on 3-4 hours study a week. However, Runway Training offers a flexible approach and, with every learner receiving a tailor made Individual Skills Plan, your tutor will help you to get qualified at a pace that suits your needs.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE LEAD TO?
Upon completion of Level 1 you could progress to the Level 2 Functional Skills qualification and from there many of our learners go on to further study. Level 1 is equivalent to a GCSE Grade D-E and a Level 2 qualification is equivalent to GCSE Grade C.
No specific entry requirements.
How will you be assessed?
To obtain the Functional Skills in English Qualification at Level 1 or Level 2 you will need to complete the following:
- 1 Hour Functional Skills Witing Exam (Paper Based or Online)
- 1 Hour Functional Skills Reading Exam (Paper Based or Online)
A 10 Minute Group Discussion on an unfamiliar topic (3 or more participants needed)
A 10 Minute Presentation on topic of your choice (3 or more participants needed)
The above assessments will be carried out at our Centre In Haringey.
On purchasing the course you will get an automatic email with log in details to begin your course right away, once passed through the enrolment process you will be allocated an assessor and begin your course.
What makes us different to other colleges?
- Flexible Payment plans with up to 12 months to pay -No Credit Checks.
- We offer the full QCF/RQF Ofqual courses with pathway choices of your own.
- Free initial assessment assessments of academic levels with immediate results.
- Online, Distance / Blended Learning.
- Learner Management System Accessible 24/7.
- Responsive online tutor and assessor support.
- On site, internal verifier + Moderator.
- Flexible – Blended delivery of assessment and observation.
- Free Learning Resources for Ease of study.
- No Credit Checks - Easy and Manageable Payments up to 12 Months.
- Technical support team available 09:00 - 18:00 Mon – Fri.
Book Your Place Now by going to the top of the page and make the purchase
*These qualifications are considered to be equivalent to GCSE A-C and are Broadly accepted by universities, education institutions and employers. Please check with the institution that you are applying whether they accept the Functional Skills English Level 2 qualification before taking the exam as we will not take any responsibility or give any guarantees that they will be accepted by every single organisation.
**Exam resits are extra and off-site invigilation will incur further charges.
By purchasing a Learning Station course you agree you have both read fully and understood our Terms & Conditions [T&C’s]